Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Sunday, January 11, 2015

RSC15 January Sawtooth Stars


I decided to use the no-waste flying geese method. I thought and studied it and still cut the wrong fabrics for the geese. I should have cut a black 7-1/4" square and four 3-7/8" print squares for the star points. What a difference color makes!

 
Instead of making a 6-1/2" designer block for the center squares, I have decided to sew up my blue scraps to make a 6-1/2" square.

 
I am really looking forward to this year's scrappy challenge. I hope to get a lot of my fabric sewn up!

5 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Ooh I like your sawtooth blocks. Pretty material.

Cathy said...

I really love all of them, even the one with the misplaced colors. It has a unique look.

dq said...

congratulations on using up those scraps. It feels good, doesn't it?

Sheila said...

Wow! Love your scrappy star centers!

Marsha Cooper said...

Oh my! you are so organized with drawers with bags! Should be a good motivator for me to do the same.