Update: December 2016

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

My goal for 2017 is to completely finish one quilt per week including quilting and binding.

After all, we have to have a plan.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

RSC15 January Sawtooth Stars


I decided to use the no-waste flying geese method. I thought and studied it and still cut the wrong fabrics for the geese. I should have cut a black 7-1/4" square and four 3-7/8" print squares for the star points. What a difference color makes!

 
Instead of making a 6-1/2" designer block for the center squares, I have decided to sew up my blue scraps to make a 6-1/2" square.

 
I am really looking forward to this year's scrappy challenge. I hope to get a lot of my fabric sewn up!