Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Saturday, January 16, 2016

RSC16 Sampler

2016 Column Along - Twinkler Star - I am off to a slow start, but I finally got one of my twinkler stars completed.  They were actually easier than I expected.  I used the tri-recs rulers and it was a piece of cake!  Thanks to Angela for the encouragement to do these stars. I was really dreading it and they turned out to be easy! For more information on this QAL, please click on the button to the right on this blog.

18 comments:

scraphappy said...

They turned out beautifully! Glad that you gave it a try.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That's a lovely Twinkler Star... "vintage" fabrics and all!!!

Angie in SoCal said...

That twinkler star is stunning with a black background!

Mystic Quilter said...

This star is beautiful Pamela - I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Edith said...

Just love your Twinkler Star, it seems to come right out of the background, lovely fabrics.

Anonymous said...

I love the dark background. Never thought of that! Makes the star pop.

Anonymous said...

I love the dark background. Never thought of that! Makes the star pop.

Katie Z. said...

I too really love the reversed values in your block. It's gorgeous.

Ellen said...

Very nice!

MontyBear said...

My favorite.

MontyBear said...

My favorite.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful star - great fabric choices.

Pamela Arbour said...

Thank you so much for your gracious comments. I am making all 8 of my twinkler stars like that.

Pamela Arbour said...

Thank you!

Pamela Arbour said...

Thank you!

Pamela Arbour said...

Thank you for the compliment and for coming up with this idea of the column quilt.

Pamela Arbour said...

Thank you! I am making the whole column with the same block.

Pamela Arbour said...

Thank you! I buy my black fabric by the bolt! It seems to go with my decor more than the white.