Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Finishing the Month with Odds and Ends of Teal

Making Pre-cuts with Scraps
 My husband saw these on the table and wanted to know what the quilt was going to look like.  He asked me several times about these fabric.  I told him I didn't know. I am just cutting them up right now!
Pre-cuts
This is my current stack which includes FQs, 10", 8-1/2", 5" and 2-1/2" sqaures and 2-1/2" strips.
My first fabric bowl!
 I can't believe I am willing to share this.  It is a little wonky and pretty big, but I like the colors.  See the purple and teal?
Please click here to see all the other teals projects people have been making along with Angela at Soscrappy. 





 BOOKMARKS!


Elm Street Quilts is encouraging Improv Play with triangles this week.  I know it is supposed to be on fabric but............ Kat at Kat&Cat Quilts posted a fun bookmark so I incorporated the two while still using my teal scraps.  I needed a bookmark for my planner anyway!


 
I didn't get a whole lot of teal sewn up this month but I did manage to get my teal organized for the next time I need it.  I learned that I don't use my scraps if they are sorted by color in ziploc baggies.  Pre-cuts are a better use of fabric for me!
I wonder what color Angela will pick for March?

No comments: