Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Linking up to Whoop Whoop Fridays

Scrappy Stars
I am linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Whoop Whoop Fridays. 
 This is the first pattern in the Stunning Stars Quilt Along.  I know this is actually Saturday but I still wanted to link up to her Whoop Whoop Fridays because I am so excited about this pattern.  Her pattern is for 5" squares but I opened my closet and saw this tall stack of 6-1/2" squares and thought this pattern would be the perfect way to get these all sewn up. I cut 4" squares to make the star points.  I still only have one block made so far but I am excited about making this quilt. The fabric in this stack came from many sources but mostly they are scraps from past garment making, either from myself or friends who gave me their scraps.
This Scrappy Stars is Quick and Easy!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

OH WOW! Good for you. I've been thinking about this project too. I don't have much in the way of squares already cut but I do have some larger square dies for my AccuQuilt Go. That would work for me. Congratulations! Now, get going on the rest. BTW -- I love your comments on the top of the blog. I agree whole heartedly with you. How is your plan to finish one quilt a week going? I would love to do that too but, eh, that book looks good to me. Oh - you want to go out to lunch? Yep, I get distracted. Sigh.

Betty C said...

You know I love those scrappy blocks!