Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Monday, March 20, 2017

11th Finish for 2017 - Quilted and Bound

11th Finish for 2017
When my boys got married, I started making Christmas pajamas for them and their growing families.  At some point, I realized that making tops and long pajama pants had resulted in an over-abundance of Christmas fabric scraps!  Sooooo, I cut up as much of the fabric as I could in squares and made 9 good sized twin quilt tops.  I have given all but the last 3 away.  This quilt will be given to my granddaughter, Madisyn, at Thanksgiving this year.
Back of Quilt
I chose to make this one as close to the others as I could.  It is just simple Stitch in the Ditch (SITD) but it isn't so simple when you are using high loft polyester batting!  I just had to go slow. 
Madisyn's name is on the quilt.
I recently saw Jessica Skultety's post on her blog Quilty Habit where she was using words on her quilt.  I thought this would be the perfect way to identify Madisyn's quilt.  It isn't real bold but you can read it and she will know it is there.  You can find Jess' post here
Close-up of back with Madisyn's name.
She will be 7 years old when I give her this quilt!


On the 10th finished quilt I decided to hide a little bit of my heart in each of my quilts, since they are mostly for my family.  You might have to look hard, but there is a quilt in the rectangle with the beige background.



Quilt Info
Quilting time:  About 6 hours
Batting:  100% high-loft polyester batting
Size:  72"x94"
Quilted on my Innova sit-down long arm

NOTE:  There was no fabric, batting or thread purchased in 2017 to complete this quilt.

EXTRA NOTE:  I still have fabric scraps from those pajamas even after making a queen size quilt.





No comments: