Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Saturday, February 11, 2017

RSC17 and a Teal Backing - 6th Finish for 2017


6th Finish for 2017 - Quilted and Bound!
 This is simply various scraps of fabric sewn together, trimmed into squares, and sashed.  
These fabrics are at least 20 years old and mostly came in a bag of scraps given to me by a friend.
As I was quilting it, I kept thinking it looked like a flashback from the 50's but in reality it isn't.
I used a teal backing in the spirit of RSC17 color which is "teal".
Close-up of Back and Quilting
The backing is the same color as the sashing.
Close-up of some squares quilted and some not.

Quilt Size - 50" x 60"
Quilted on my Innova Sit Down Long Arm
Batting - scraps of Hobbs 80/20 from other projects
Quilting time - ~ 8 hours, but that is just a guess
I had so many interruptions this week that I am surprised that I could even finish a quilt1

My daughter-in-law has started naming my quilts, so I am anxious to see what she calls this one!

I am linking up with Angel at Soscrappy. Click on the link to see what everyone else has been up to.  It looks like everyone has plenty of teal to last them for the whole month!

1 comment:

Betty C said...

This quilt is awesome. The quilting looks especially good (shows better) on the quilt back.
Great work!