Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

OMG - One Monthly Goal for May

OMG for May

These blocks were from a 2011 Saturday Sampler at my LQS.
  1. I still need to make the December block. (I bought the finishing kit and managed to get all the pieces cut last week!) 
  2. I need to make (13) 12" alternate blocks.
  3. The outer border has pinwheel blocks all around it which I still need to make.
  4.  Quilt 
  5.  Bind
Just a Little Side Note
I have submitted an OMG project every month this year and have finished them all, but somehow at the end of the month, I still have the binding left!  
I have only been able to submit one this year so far.  
Maybe this month will be different.
At least I am getting one a month finished and bound even if I don't make the deadline!
That's what I am telling myself anyway!

Good luck to every on finishing their projects this month!


10 comments:

Marly said...

Good luck making the alternate blocks Pamela. As to your note at the end: I agree. I've had the same problem of not completing in one month. I think the benefit of having a goal is that you are spurred on to work on one particular project. If reaching the end becomes difficult, perhaps you could consider breaking the projected finish into smaller stages. For instance aim to do the first two points on your list, and save the rest for next month. You can always decide to carry on, but you will also have the opportunity to work on other projects too.

Lisa J. said...

Maybe it's good to keep bound in your goals to get that final push, but maybe you could end a goal or two at quilted for the satisfaction of meeting the goal.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Good Morning Pamela,
I am cheering you on to get this whole project complete this month, including the binding! I have been doing the OMG posts since last October. I missed my first goal, which I wasn't very happy about but life happens. You are completing you goals! Maybe not in the 28 to 30 day limit that was set, but they are still finished. That is great, don't you think?! Maybe as Marly says above, break the goals into smaller pieces. Get the quilt top finished this month, and then quilt and bind it the next month would be a rather easy goal for two months. I'm going to follow your blog so I don't miss the details as you post them!
~smile~ Roseanne

Betty C said...

One of these days you might have a "putting on binding marathon".
Your goal for this month sounds like a difficult one. Good luck with it.

Suzanne said...

Maybe set the OMG in a future month just to do binding....It looks like your quilt is coming together beautifully.

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Good luck with your goal for May. Much work for you, but it Will be a beautiful quilt. Just remember it is all for fun and you have a BIG goal.

Patty said...

Very nice quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

Marti said...

Pretty blocks! I didn't finish my OMG last month either, but I will finish it this month. I love your paragraph at the top of your blog that you stopped buying fabric ten years ago. I wish I could do that. Every time I try to finish a UFO, I find that nothing in my stash works with them. Good luck with your finish this month and your alternate blocks.

Sandra Walker said...

I LOVE star blocks and these are just wonderful! I giggled at the finishing but for the binding part, but then still finishing!! That's amazing. I've finished all my challenge quilts for Island Batik, (well not April's quite yet) but 2 have been late, but still finished!

Preeti said...

You have beautiful star blocks. I am sure they will make a lovely quilt. I always have monthly goals and I usually finish them too. I just don't link them any more. That way the finish is a total surprise - no sneak peeks :-)