Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Friday, May 24, 2019

Cutie Pattern FOUR TIMES!

I guess it was about a year ago now that Debby Brown was giving away the pattern and kit to her newest Cutie Pattern "A La Mode". The fabric was so darling and the pattern so easy that I whipped it up real quick, ribbon candy and all, and gave it away before I took a picture!  It was precious, but not to worry, I made it 3 more times!
You can find the pattern here.

 This time I used just two fabrics instead of a fat eighth. 
I love how it turned out. 
 Of course, there is ribbon candy!
 A dear family friend was having a baby and their colors were pink and white.  I knew what to do! (They love it)
 As you can see, there is ribbon candy again!
Back in February of 2017, Jennifer from the Inquiring Quilter, had a Riley Blake fabric giveaway and I just happened to win.  I rarely win anything and here I am talking about two wins in one post!
I was so excited to get it but just couldn't find the right pattern, then all of a sudden I remembered those Cutie quilts I had made with the A La Mode pattern!

 The backing fabric is a little wild for the front but has all of the colors in it so I thought it looked like a storm at sea so I was ok with the print.
Just another view showing front and back and if you look closely, you will see the infamous Debby Brown ribbon candy! It's one of my favorites too.

My apologies to Debby and Jennifer for waiting so long to show off my proud wins!

I have recently bought 3 more Cutie patterns.  I feel like I need to venture out a bit! LOL

No comments: