Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Saturday, May 25, 2019

RSC Updates for May

RSC19 Green Background
I liked the layout so much that I decided to make two of these in different backgrounds.

RSC19 Grey Background
As you can see, I decided to go with the string blocks.  I am just adding the colors as they come in the month. I didn't want to have to stress on the color placement at the end of the year!

                                           RSC Updates
Way back in the beginning of RSC15 I started organizing and cutting up my scraps to usable sizes and I found several patterns to make along the way.  I didn't realize how busy 2015 would be for me.  I packed up everything in my house, sold it, bought another house and unpacked and moved everything back in.  I was exhausted by the end of 2015.  Now in 2019, I think I have found my quilting groove and can get back in action!

Sawtooth Stars
I think I only need to make 2 more colors before I can start joining these into a quilt top.


Orange Crumb Blocks
I had started making crumb blocks in 10" squares and 8-1/2" squares.  I still need to make a few more colors of these to get to a quilt top.
RSC15 Hearts
When I got the orange heart done, I only needed the dark purple to finish this one, so I got excited and got it done.  It is basted and ready for quilting!
It is so nice to see my quilts starting to come together!

Thanks for reading.

I am linking up with Angela at superscrappy.blogspot.com


10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love all your blocks and you are doing so many of them - I'm just doing two

Kat Scribner said...

Wow. You are definitely a queen of scraps!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

What a lovely heart quilt! And that is a great idea for the RSC.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your heart quilt is wonderful - such a great idea to make the hearts in all the colors!

Betty C said...

Congratulations on so many accomplishments. Nice pictures of all your recent work.

Jennifer said...

wow! that heart quilt is just fantastic! i think what makes it extra great is the 4 different sashings. will have to put that on my "maybe" list!

The Joyful Quilter said...

It's a really good idea to build the quilt as you go. Your newly completed quilt to is SEW sweet! I'm glad that you have found your way back to those old projects. Happy quilting!!

Susie H said...

Lots of orange got done but I really LOVE your hearts quilt. Beautiful!

Linda said...

Some great blocks. Love your Heart Quilt!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love all your cute blocks and the hearts!