Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Monday, May 17, 2021

Born to be Wild

Born to be Wild!!!!!!!

When I saw Carol's invitation for this blog hop, at first I didn't think there was any way that I could do this, and then I remembered that I had a half-yard pack of animal print (bottom of pic from Quilted Twins) and I knew I had some other jungle type fabric.  When I saw this print fabric, I opened it up to find that it was blocks. Oh yeah! I think I can do this! So, I contacted Carol to sign me up! 


The panel fabric is over 30 years old. 


The blocks were about 4"x6". So I decided to cut them up and lay them out on the design wall. I thought it might add a little interest to them if I made the strips around them off-centered. I was getting pretty excited about this. I had been wondering what I would ever do with that fabric so knowing that it will have a purpose made me happy.


BORN TO BE WILD!!!!!
50"x71"



I had quite a bit of the print fabric left and I knew I didn't want to make anything else from it, so it obviously became part of the backing.



I decided to try to give it some dimension by quilting wavy lines.

Even though this is pretty wild for me, I enjoyed the challenge and want to thank Carol for hosting this blog hop.

Below is a list of all of the bloggers and the dates which they will reveal their challenge. There have already been some great ones.






31 comments:

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

You certainly found the perfect project for that fabric! Your quilt is really fun.

Rebecca Smith said...

Those prints make your panel fabric look entirely different, great project!

Stitchin At Home said...

Great use of the fabric! I like how you added the strips around each block off centre.

Carol said...

Your quilt is amazing! Very clever of you to put the squares off-center! Thanks for sharing!

Lori Smanski said...

Oh my, you made this panel into a truly lovely quilt. I really love how you made the panels off center. Gives it a lot of motion and fun. Thanks for sharing today and for inspiring. I wont look at a panel the same way again. Smiles.
quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

The quilt is great! I like off centering blocks in quilts too. Aren't you glad you finally used that fabric?

Inflorescencedesigns said...

Great quilt! That fabric was perfect! Thanks for sharing.

Carol Swift said...

I am so glad you took on the "wild" challenge and made use of your 30 year old fabric. Wow...it turned out amazing and I love the fabric! You rocked this challenge for sure. Thank you for sharing!

LJ said...

It is a wild quilt but just perfect. Love that jungle fabric - hard to believe it's about 30 years old - looks current to me. I love using leftover fabric on the backing; you rock girl!

Sharon said...

Great wild project! And how fortuitous to have everything you need in your stash. :o) Thank you for sharing with us.

Lianne makes stuff said...

That is awesome, Fabric that is 30 years old Wow I would love to see the size of your stazh, definite stash envy

Scrapatches said...

Great fabric for this hop. I really like that you made a two sided quilt. Thank you for sharing ... :) Pat

tink's mom said...

This quilt of yours fits perfectly the expression Everything old is new again. It is a wonderful quilt and your off set frames for the blocks is wonderful.

Kathleen said...

What a fun quilt you made! Great using up something that you had and what a perfect result. I love the back too.

Vicki in MN said...

How fun to use up some fabric that had been languishing in your stash for some time!

Danice G said...

Those fabrics are beautiful, and so is your quilt.

Leah said...

Love what you have done with that print. Mixing it with the animal prints was perfect! And great way to use up the rest on the back.

Betty C said...

The jungle quilt is wild! Great work. I like your quilting and your backing too.

Rebecca said...

Love the off set of the blocks in this quilt!

Calicojoan said...

WOW, you nailed it! What a fantastic way to use that panel. Best yet, not just one but 2 incredible quilts. Way to go!!!!!

Charlene McCain said...

Beautiful quilts! Love the animal print borders. Perfect for this hop. Thanks for the inspiration!

Quilting Gail said...

This is a fun wild quilt! Love it!

scrapdash said...

Well, that is super. The thin black sashing was the perfect accent for it.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Wow, what a great quilt! That red is really striking. Gorgeous!

Susan said...

Love it! It's definitely perfect for this hop!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh that turned out fabulous! You did an awesome job, and the quilting is perfect.

Carol Andrews said...

What a perfect way to use up fabric that has been hoarded in you stash, aging until the “right” project came along. 😉

For the love of geese said...

Oh wow, that fabric is awesome and an amazing finish.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Deep stash + fun animal prints for the WIN!!!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Now that is a perfect addition to the blog hop! Looks great! xx

OPQuilt said...

This turned out so well! That "vintage" block fabric couldn't have been done any better--your treatment with the off-center block technique was rather a stroke of brilliance, as it could have been a challenging fabric to incorporate into a quilt. Well done!!