Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Saturday, March 4, 2017

Getting a Head Start on RSC17 Color Red!

9th Finish of 2017 - Quilted and Bound!
This was a 2007 New Year's Eve Mystery by Ann Smith.  That was all the information that I could find on it.  Yup, that makes this one almost 10 years old! 
Size - 96" square
Batting - Hobbs 80/20
Quilting - 20+ hours
Un-quilting - 1 hour
NOTE:  No fabric, batting or thread was purchased in 2017 to finish this quilt.
Backing
Little did I know that the RSC17 color of the month would be red.  Yippeee, I am getting a head start!

Quilting
The quilting was FMQ except for the border and that was done with a ruler and 1" cross-hatching. Cross-hatching is very time consuming.  I hope I remember that next time!

Please link up with Angela at Soscrappy to see what everyone else is doing with their reds this month!


No comments: