Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Friday, June 16, 2017

24th Finish for 2017 - Quilted and Bound

24th Finish for 2017

Grandson's Little League T-shirt Quilt
I have made t-shirt quilts before but I didn't expect this one to be so large!  I don't think he missed one season plus he was on the allstars every year!  It's hard to see the quilting but I put large circles on the t-shirts and called them "quilted curve balls!"

What to do with an extra t-shirt?

Make a pillow, of course!

I just had to add a pillowcase to make it a matching set!


What to do with an extra patch?

Put it on the back of the pillow, of course!

I put a hidden zipper on the back of the pillow.


Back

I bought this baseball fabric a few years ago.  I planned to use it on the t-shirt quilts but I don't remember what my plan was because I didn't have enough of either fabric for the backing, so I combined them.

Quilt Info

Size:  84" x 96"

Batting:  100% Polyester light weight

Quilted on my Innova sitdown longarm

NOTE:  The only fabric I purchased in 2017 was the green and red for the borders.


I learned from making this quilt that I am going to really have to pace myself when I make the rest of them.  It takes a lot of planning to tell a story with t-shirts and it took me a while to decide on the layout and this one seemed best to be laid out in columns by year.  

I have 8 grandchildren and lots of t-shirts so I can see that I am going to need to live a long time in order to get all of these done.  I guess I'd better get a good exercise routine for strength and stamina!!

No comments: