Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Yellow is the RSC17 Color for June!


Yellow Blocks for Lawn Chair Quilt
This green and yellow plaid was the closest to yellow that I could find in my stash.  I do have a few other yellow fabrics but they didn't seem to do as well as this one.
I realized that I have very little yellow fabric, so I will make a note to self to fix that problem! LOL 
I will be looking for yellow fabric soon!
The pattern for the Lawn Chair Quilt can be found in the Moda Bake Shop.


Bottled Rainbows
You can't tell it in the photo but the top yellow border is much lighter than the bottom one.
I am really wanting to show off my design wall again because I am so proud of it.  At the beginning of last week, I didn't have any green on those green blocks and after just a few days of having them on my design wall, I am almost ready to square them up and sew them down. Now, I had those blank blocks sitting on my spare bed for the whole month of May with no success, but putting them on the design wall did the trick.  I am just fascinated with the increased productivity with the design wall. I guess it doesn't take much to impress me!

Just in case some of you are not familiar with the Bottled Rainbow quilt, I thought I would share the link to the instructions HERE.

Linking up with Angela at SoScrappy for the RSC17 color yellow.  Click HERE to see what everyone else is up to.

No comments: