Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Linking up with RSC Color Green

RSC17 - Color is Green
I have been concentrating mostly on my goal of finishing one quilt a week for 2017 but still trying to keep up with Angela and everyone at RSC17.  Everyone is doing such a great job. 
You can click HERE to see all of the green creativity!

I am mostly posting to show off my new design wall.  I am so glad to have it.  You can see that I didn't get anything done on my Bottled Rainbow blocks, but maybe now that I have a design wall, it will be easier to work on them.  The blocks to the left are part of my RSC17 lawn chair quilt.  The pattern can be found at the Moda Bake Shop.


I used the directions on this youtube video.  I pretty much followed her instructions completely.  Instead of buying flannel fabric, I bought a king-size good quality flannel sheet.  It was not quite as long as the insulation board so I cut off 6" from the bottom of each 4'x8' insulation board in order to fold the flannel around the board.  I also used her suggestion to only tape the boards together on one side so you can fold it.  That was very helpful in getting it into my sewing studio.

No comments: