Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Saturday, May 27, 2017

21st Finish for 2017 - Quilted and Bound

2010 Village BOM
 This quilt was designed by members of the Yahoo Group "Stroll the Block". 
This was the first BOM that I had ever hosted. 
The members volunteered to make one block.  They all did a fabulous job.  I enjoyed looking at each block while I was quilting it.  It's a shame that the detail doesn't come through in the pics.

Courthouse in the Village Square

January, February, and March
Pet Shop, Flower Shop, and Church

April, May, and June
Coffee Shop, Dress Shop, and Barber Shop
 I don't remember the whole story, but the designer named the dress shop "G.W. Boutique".  Either a family member or friend used to dress very well and people would ask her where she got her clothes and she would tell them "G.W. Boutique!"  I thought it was a cute story.

July, August, and September
General Store, Diner, and Schoolhouse
October, November, and December
Country Inn, Quilt Shop, and Toy Store

Quilting the Border
You can't see it too well in this picture, but I quilted houses and trucks on the border around the village. 
The quilting was inspired by Lori Kennedy's newest book "Free-Motion Machine Quilting 1-2-3".


Quilting Info

Size:  85" square
Batting:  Hobbs 80/20
Quilted on my Innova Sitdown Longarm

NOTE:  No fabric, batting, or thread was purchased in 2017 to complete this quilt.

No comments: