Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Monday, May 8, 2017

18th Finish for 2017 - Quilted and Bound

9-patch swap
This is my 18th quilt to completely finish for 2017.
It was made from a none-patch swap with a Yahoo group named Stroll the Block.  This swap was from 2008 or before.  I wanted a larger quilt so I added the flowers and black fabric.

I tried to find fabric in my stash to compliment the quilt.

Close-up of the center squares.  All of the nine-patches had the same quilted flower motif in them as the black squares.

Quilt Info

Size:  80" x 81"
Batting:  Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 Black
Quilted on my Innova sitdown longarm machine

Note:  The only purchase I made in 2017 or this quilt was the binding.  Out of my plethora of fabrics, I did not have what I needed for this quilt.  Luckily, I had purchased this binding fabric a few months ago from England Design Studios .  When I saw it, I was sure I would need it while sewing up some of my vintage fabric UFOs.  What a lifesaver that was.

No comments: