Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Saturday, May 27, 2017

20th Finish for 2017 - Quilted and Bound

2014 Two Color Mystery Quilt
 This was a mystery quilt designed by Cindy Carter and the info can be found by clicking HERE.
I used 100% cotton homespun fabrics on the front and back.  I don't remember having any difficulty with the piecing, but the quilt seemed to drag while quilting it  Even the binding felt like it was dragging.  I have a sit down long arm.  It might have been easier using a long arm frame.


Close-up of Quilting
 I quilted poinsettias as an all over design.

Back

Left-over Fabric

As you can see, I have quite a bit of fabric left but I couldn't make myself make shams at this time.  I'm kind of tired of messing with that fabric.  I am hoping that I will forget all about it later in the year and make the shams and some Christmas placemats or table runner.

Quilting Info

Size:  85" square
Batting: 80/20
Quilted on my Innova sitdown longarm

NOTE:  No fabric, batting or thread was purchased in 2017 to complete this quilt.



No comments: