Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Bonus Block for the Growing Up qAL

Woven Fabric Block
This one was a little funny to me.  Alida said that the fabric prep was tedious but after that, the weaving was easy!  Maybe for her!  I spent much more time on the weaving than the prep! I seem to struggle with the easy stuff.  I think I still got two strips wrong but it looks good enough to me.

Homemade Wefty Needle
Wefty with fabric strip.
I didn't see the need to buy a wefty needle for one block so I made one from some cardboard.  It worked fine, but if I were to made more, I would probably use some type of plastic.

You can see what others are doing with this QAL by clicking HERE!

No comments: