Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

July Block for Starry Bright Sky QAL

Block One
These blocks were a joint effort with my daughter-in-law.
After spending a full week working on this block, I finally asked my daughter-in-law to help.  She is good at figuring out things like this. She likes a challenge. Lucky for me! LOL We worked many hours on this one before finally coming up with this design.  I know it isn't the star design, but this is as close as we could get. LOL

Block Two
We worked another day on this one.  I have to give her all the credit for both of these blocks.  All I did was the prep work on the strips! She did the rest. We looked at a lot of on line videos until she was able to make the cubes.  I honestly don't think the cubes were any easier and neither does she! Wow, they are finished!

I am linking up with Alida for the Starry Bright Sky QAL July blocks.  Click HERE to see what others have made.

1 comment:

AlidaP said...

Both blocks turned out absolutely beautiful!!! Great job to both of you!