Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Saturday, June 29, 2019

Working with the Blues!


Working through the blues!

Blues from a drawer

More blues from under bed storage container!

I spent the better part of this month taking all of my blue stash (most of which is 20-30+ years old) and cutting it up into pre-cuts.  I have been doing this every month for the RSC color.  I figure that I will be more likely to use them if they are pre-cuts.
This is what I wound up with. Fat quarters, charm squares, layer cakes, jelly roll strips, and 2-1/2" squares.  I am pretty excited about that.

This is what I had left after cutting all of those pre-cuts which left me with more than enough strips scraps and crumbs to make my RSC19 blocks!


The bottom row is my blues for this month with green background.


This is the gray background.  The photo isn't dark but the blue strips do show up.

I still have strips and crumbs left for my other RSC projects I am working on.

I am linking up with Angel soscrappy.  Please click HERE to see what others are making with their blue scraps.

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I agree sometimes it is easier to use it when it is pre-cut - great job!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What an interesting idea for using your dark BLUE stash (and other colors, too!) There are many patterns devoted to pre-cuts these days. I hope this really works for you!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm so impressed with your cutting and organizing project! That's such a great idea, and takes a lot of persistence to stick with it. Those precut pieces will be so useful!

Betty C said...

Can't wait to see what else you make with your precuts. You have a lot of creativity.

PaulaB quilts said...

Cutting your stash makes it really easy to find what you need for projects, a great idea.

Ruth said...

You have more fabric than I do. Congratulations!