Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Saturday, August 31, 2019

Humble Quilts String-a-long for August

String-a-long

I originally started this in January when Moda came out with their string block.  I thought they were going to continue it each month, but if they did, I can't find it.

Anyway, I stumbled upon Humble Quilts String-a-long and thought I would join in even though I am just now posting. I have almost 50 blocks so far.

This was a challenge and I guess my challenge was to actually make the blocks.  I have a bunch of strips/strings all in one bin so I just began randomly sewing them together.  Now that I have seen what some of the others have made, I do wish I had put more thought into it but maybe by the end of the year, I can come up with a plan! LOL

I am linking up with Lori at Humble Quilts and the others who have done so well with this challenge.
Click HERE to see what they have made so far.

4 comments:

Betty C said...

I like your colorful string blocks.

Barbara said...

It's so much fun using up scraps and your strings are wonderful :)

Lori said...

Never too late to jump in! I'm so glad you did!!
Your blocks are really terrific and there are many setting options for these blocks.

Quilting Babcia said...

There are so many ways you can set your wonderful string blocks! They're so much fun to make, I think I could see up string quilts from my scrap piles for the rest of my life and there would still be more left over, lol.