Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Monday, July 15, 2019

BABY QUILT MARATHON - FINISH LINE!


I had really big plans for this marathon.  For some reason, I envisioned many baby quilts and panels would get done, but, alas, I only finished three and I'm still working on the 4th.

Lil' Rascals  41" x 55"

Quilting

American Jane Paper Dolls
Quilting

Backing

Alien Invasion

Quilting

Backing

None of these were UFOs.  All of them started from the beginning to the end during this marathon.

All totaled, I put in 38-1/2 hours.

This was an eye opener for me.  A big thanks to Gail for hosting this marathon.  I will now look at my fabric and panels, in particular, in a different light.  Panel fabrics do take time and I think I can safely look at a panel now and tell myself that it will probably take me between 10 and 15 hours to complete.

I now plan to take a good inventory of my panels and coordinating fabrics to determine how much sewing and quilting time I have in store for the future!!!!!  I am not sure I want to add it up!

Thanks again, Gail.  I have 3 quilts ready!

Please click on the link below to go to Gail's blog to see what others have done during this marathon.
https://quiltinggail.wordpress.com/2019/07/14/baby-quilt-marathon-finish-line/

4 comments:

Betty C said...

Your quilts are a great accomplishment. It is good to have them done.
Congratulations.

Roseanne said...

Hi Pamela! I am SO glad Gail hosted this event. I never thought about the difference between piecing/selecting a pattern versus a panel as far as time commitment. Wow. I have one panel for another Dumbo quilt. It is already layered because we selected the backing for it at the same time as the first/same panel. But what a great point to make! I'm going to try to keep better track of mine (and Sue's time) related to a whole project from start to finish. Great topic for another post someday! ~smile~ Roseanne

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

THis was very interesting reading. I used a panel for a Christmas project last year and it took me ages to finish it all what with making blocks for the sashing,etc. Anyway, your finishes are beautiful. Happy Stitching form me!

Frog Quilter said...

All beautiful finishes. I need to make a few baby quilts to have on hand.