Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Friday, December 27, 2019

PHD in 2020

PHD in 2020
hosted by Quilting Gail

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 11.47.00 AM


I already had a list of my UFOs when I saw this PHD in 2020 but I thought I would give myself a goal of at least completing these twelve projects. 
She does have some rules so I wasn't sure I would be able to get that part done, but it was not as hard as I thought.

1. Sunbonnet Sue
This was a BOM with the group "Strolling the Block".  I am not sure what year this is but all it needs is sashings, borders, quilting and binding. Sorry about the sunlight on the photo.  I was determined to get this done today.

 2. Tulips
I guess these are tulips.  I picked these up at a local thrift store a few years ago.  I really felt sorry for them.  The quality of the fabric and the workmanship is not the best but I just felt like the person who made these was doing her best.  I hate to see projects unfinished (so I buy more unfinished projects!LOL) I have a few ideas to save the blocks.


3. Christmas Quilt from Primitive Gatherings
I started this in 2016 while I was in the process of selling my house, moving, and buying another one.  What was I thinking?  Anyway, I have everything I need to finish this one.


4. Back to Nature
This was a BOM at my Local Quilt Shop - Cactus Quilts in Texas City, TX.  I acquired a habit of getting 11 blocks done and never finishing the 12th.  I always bought the finishing kit, so I have everything I need to finish this one.

5. Aplique baby quilt
This one is close to 20 years old.  Not sure what I was thinking.  I do have the pattern, so I will have to study it a while before I finish.

6. Turning Leaves
This one comes out of a magazine.  When I post the finish, I will give credit to the magazine and maker.  I have already made one and gave it away.  I really wanted to make one for myself.

7. Starry Pines
I took a class on the no-waste flying geese back in 2002 or 2003 in a quilt shop in Pine Bush, New York.  I had fun making these blocks. I had so much fun that I bought additional fabric to make it bigger.  You know how that goes? Right!


8. I am the Lorax
Bought this from a dear friend.  All I need to do on this one is quilt and bind.


9. O  Ringo Lake
This was a Bonnie Hunter Mystery in 2018, I think.  I am close to making into a top.  I think I got discouraged with the last two clues being close together and they felt like they had 3 clues in each! It is now time to finish!

10. House Quilt
I don't remember the year of this quilt but it was another BOM from my local quilt shop. I actually finished this but it was quite long and not very wide.  I had extra fabric, so those were my plans.  This year it will get done.


11. Another house quilt
I will try to find the name and year.  It was another BOM from my LQS.  I do have everything I need to complete it.


12. Sawtooth Star RSC15
This quilt was from the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2015.  I made all the stars and then I got overwhelmed with the setting blocks but they weren't very hard at all.  I finally got them done this year but now I need to quilt and bind it.


HERE THEY ALL ARE!
12 containers
ready to be quilts in 2020!

If you are interested in joining Gail and other quilters next year, please click on the link below:

2 comments:

ButterZ said...

Great list of PHD's.. I am doing similar with my quilt group.. Good luck

dq said...

I love your Sunbonnet Sue quilt among others. I also liked seeing your quilt storage bins. You look so organized.