Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

FEBRUARY OMG AND PHD in 2020


LINKING UP WITH 
ONE MONTHLY GOAL AND PHD IN 2020


 Sunbonnet Sue
This was a BOM with the group "Strolling the Block".  I am not sure what year this is but all it needs is sashings, borders, quilting and binding. Sorry about the sunlight on the photo. 


FROM MY QUILTER'S PLANNER
My first 12 projects are what was on my commitment for the PHD in 2020 and the ones listed after that are ones that I started after the commitment.  Well, the commitment is that if you start something this year, you have to finish!

I did not get my January goal finished in time because I didn't realize that I didn't have any black batting and I had to order it and wait for it to arrive.  However, I did learn something.  My February goal for OMG and PHD in 2020 is my Sunbonnet Sue UFO and I have already made sure that I have everything to meet this goal in February!

Below is my January OMG and PHD in 2020 that I didn't get finished in time to link up.


SAWTOOTH STAR RSC15 finally finished!


CLOSE UP

While I was waiting for the black batting to come in, I picked up another UFO that wasn't on my list and managed to get it done (finally)

Year Round Quilt

My thoughts are pretty vague on this wall hanging.  I think I started it about 2008 but not sure.  Don't remember the quilter who designed it either.  I did have the pattern printed but there was no information on it to give her credit. The only one I needed to do was the fall one.  For some reason, it just intimidated me, but I got to it and finally finished it. It has been hanging in my closet haunting me for years!

I am linking up with

Quilting Gail for my PHD in 2020

6 comments:

Betty C said...

You have a good organized plan going for the year. All your quilts are so beautiful.

Quilting Gail said...

WOW!!! Great progress!
And getting a UFO done that isn't on your list, still counts as a UFO DONE!!! (The list isn't set in stone and can be flexible).
You are doing SEW well!!
Thank you for linking to PHD in 2020, Feb 1 Report!
Happy Quilting! :-)

laughing gas quilts said...

Looks like you're powering through those UFOs. Gail's PhD program is a great motivator, and those quilts of yours are beautiful. You deserve to enjoy them rather than feel quilting about having them unfinished. Love those scrappy stars!

Patty said...

Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your projects.

Kate said...

I had the same issue with my February OMG, but my problem was no white batting. So I had to order and wait for it to show up. Thankfully I wasn't last minute on the goal for this month. The Year Round Quilt is beautiful and love the scrappy fun of your Sawtooth Stars. So two finishes with February not done yet sounds like you are ahead of the game, even if they aren't the list.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

So many beautiful quilts. Love your Sunbonnet Sue.