Updates on Sewing Up My Fabric!

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

Saturday, October 10, 2020

Cleaning out my stash bins.

 THREE EMPTY BINS


These bins were full of leftover projects and scraps.  I have been working on sorting the contents for about a month now.  Most evening, I try to get them sorted out while watching tv with my husband.

PRECUTS

Out of these three bins, I was able to cut a tall stack of 5" squares, several folded fabrics that were more than a yard each, a stack of 2-1/2" strips, 6 stacks of 2-1/2" squares, a few fat quarters, some small squares for small projects, a stack of 10" squares, some lace, ribbons, and a zipper (I have a place for these so why didn't I just put the in there in the first place?) And in the very front is a miss mash of orphan squares, strip sets and on top is some wedges. I just couldn't cut those up!

STRIPS AND STRINGS


I had quite a few strips that were less than 2-1/2" wide and some strings.  I separated solids from prints but that is all the sorting I did at this time.  I do have a place where I keep this type of fabric.

TRY NOT TO JUDGE ME ON THIS ONE! LOL


The gallon ziploc baggie on the left has leftover fabrics with fusible on the back and the one on the right has tiny strings.  I also have a place for these.  If I don't get around to using them, I know my granddaughters will enjoy playing with them so there is no loss here.  I also am not appopsed to throwing them away at some point.

I wish I could tell you that is all the bins that I have, but sadly, I have quite a few more!  It is my goal to get them all organized sooner rather than later.

Thanks for stopping by.







8 comments:

Betty C said...

That is a very nice job of sorting.

Pamela Arbour said...

Thank you.

Pamela Arbour said...

Thank you.

Julie said...

Pam, I did a similar sorting today, and wished I was down to scraps in one tub. (I was a bit tickled to hear you had more!) ;-)The point is you did it, and you can tick it off the list. I have no intention to use every bit of my fabric because displaying it is something I get a kick out of too, but making things tidy is high in my list these days. Cheers to you!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Great job sorting those scraps! I have a few tubs that I need to do too.... one day...!! xx

Preeti said...

I am proud of you for addressing the issue of scraps. No judgement at all. I am sure something lovely will come out of it.

June D said...

Great progress on the scraps. For those 5 inch squares you might want to try that bow tie block that I just posted about. It was really fun. For each block need five squares the same size - then fold and sew up two sides and then pin them together and sew the last seam. One place for directions: https://www.generations-quilt-patterns.com/3d-bow-tie-quilt-block.html Can be scrappy or controlled. : )

Pamela Arbour said...

Thanks for your comment. I did see that and am considering it.