Update: December 2016

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

My goal for 2017 is to completely finish one quilt per week including quilting and binding.

After all, we have to have a plan.

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Crumb Quilt

I started out with this!
 My inspiration was the yellow strips, then I pulled my scraps of solids.

This is what I wound up with!
 I had enough variety to make twenty-five 12" squares, but I still had leftovers.  
I had enough grey and lavender to put an inner border, but I still had a bunch of little scraps. So....................I bought some adding machine tape and went to town sewing my little leftovers. 
 As you can see, I had enough to border the whole quilt.
I have not sewing the last border on.  I plan to starch it well before tearing off the adding machine tape.
Sewing those pieces onto the tape looks tedious but it went very quickly.  I precut my pieces to be a little larger than the tape before I started.  I think that helped speed up the process.

I still had fabric left.
 So I kept sewing onto the adding machine tape until I had it all sewn up. 
 I didn't have much of a variety at this point.  I am planning to put it on the back.

All that was left!
None of these pieces were large enough to put on the adding machine tape.
It is hard to believe that I could get a whole quilt top out of the scraps in this one plastic container!
Post a Comment