Update: December 2016

Since I originally posted my description of this blog, I have somewhat erred from my intention. I have actually bought much more fabric than I had but ................. in my defense, I got the solids at 50% off and the quilt shop fabric at 75% off, so that doesn't count, right? LOL

My goal for 2017 is to completely finish one quilt per week including quilting and binding.

After all, we have to have a plan.

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Linking Up with Alida and the Growing up QAL

First Embroidery Block
Alida is challenging us to do hand embroidery, but I decided to step outside the box a bit because I have really been wanting to use my decorative stitches on my home sewing machine.  I found it to be a little harder than I expected, especially with curves On this block, I used a Frixion Pen and drew the pattern on the fabric and put tear away stabilizer on the back.

Second Embroidery Block
On this one I traced the pattern on tissue paper and put some tear away stabilizer on the back and pinned them in place. After outlining the teapot and doing the handle and spout, I pulled my tissue paper off.  I wouldn't be able to follow a design with the decorative stitches so I didn't need the tissue paper.  Also, I found out that when I had the fancier stitches, it was harder to pull off all of the tissue paper.

All in all, I am glad I did this and got it out of my system.  I found out that it is very time-consuming to use those decorative stitches and they are not the best effect.

I'm linking up to the Growing Up QAL here.

Post a Comment